Saturday, September 3

I guess You win this week

Well, after such a promising start to the week of trying to spot God, I'm afraid I've hit a dry spell.  I really have been looking, but it seems like the past few days I haven't really had any 'God sightings' - I'm sure He's still out there, but I guess I didn't do a very good job of hunting.  Why do people have to be so darn hateful?  One person in particular very dear to my heart seems to think that all of his problems would be solved if I just gave him whatever he asked for (usually money but not always) and when I say 'No' then I must be a failure as a parent and a bad Christian to boot, and I obviously don't love him.

Oh, wait, is that an echo of the same way I feel about God, contingent on how well and how soon he answers my prayers??  OUCH!  Okay, God, I guess I really can't just give up and quit- guess I"ll have to keep looking for you even when I can't find you easily.

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
Lamentations 3:24-26 

No comments:

Post a Comment