Monday, August 29

I saw raindrops on my window..

No, don't get exicted, it didn't really rain here in Cen-Texas, but it did last week one day.  I was at lunch and when I came outside, surprise, it had rained.  Then Suzie called me and told me that when she came out of class and saw the clouds, she said a little prayer and asked God to make it rain.  Right away it started pouring down!! Do I think that it wasn't going to rain and then when she asked for it, suddenly the weather changed?  Of course not - if that worked, then we wouldn't be in such a record drought.  But I wonder who put it into the head of my non-church attending daughter to pray just then, and to ask right at that moment for rain?  Could it have been God, saying 'Look here, look here, here I am!!'?




When I was in junior high and high school, we loved to sing at MYF every Sunday - the title of this post comes from a song we used to sing there - Joy is Like the Rain.


I saw rain drops on my window, Joy is like the rain.Laughter runs across my pane, Slips away and comes again.Joy is like the rain.I saw clouds upon a mountain, Joy is like a cloud.Sometimes silver, sometimes gray, Always sun not far away.Joy is like a cloud.I saw Christ in wind and thunder, Joy is tried by storm.Christ asleep within my boat, Whipped by wind, yet still afloat,Joy is tried by storm.I saw rain drops on a river, Joy is like the rain,Bit by bit the river grows, 'til all at once it overflowsJoy is like the rain.

I remember singing with Cynthia, Paul, Steven, Mark, Carol and Laura, Missy, Mindy, Brooks and Lynn, Steve and Susan - all the kids from Bethany - wherever you all are now, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment